Satjit Bhusri, MD, has been recognized as a 2023 Castle Connolly Top Doctor — the fifth time he has received the prestigious Top Doctor honor.
NEW YORK, NY, January 24, 2023 /24-7PressRelease/ — Satjit Bhusri, MD, has been recognized as a 2023 Castle Connolly Top Doctor — the fifth time he has received the prestigious Top Doctor honor. Only about 7 percent of the nation’s licensed physicians are selected annually as Castle Connolly Top Doctors in their regions for their specialties.
Dr. Bhusri is a cardiovascular specialist whose private practice, Upper East Side Cardiology, is also home to The Vein Institute. About 80 percent of the practice is heart related, he says, with the other 20 percent dedicated to evaluating and treating vascular conditions — those related to blood flow.
Dr. Bhusri cares for adults with a range of heart and vascular concerns — from coronary artery disease, high blood pressure, and atrial fibrillation (a heart-rhythm disorder) to varicose veins, spider veins, and peripheral vascular disease. He also helps people stay heart healthy with preventive cardiac care.
His patient-focused services include cardiac urgent care, cardiac stress testing, echocardiography, women’s heart care, executive heart care, and vein treatment.
In addition to his clinical expertise and experience, Dr. Bhusri brings a unique and valuable firsthand understanding of what it’s like to be a heart patient. In 2015 he nearly died from acute heart failure — an event he says made him a better and more empathetic physician.
Dr. Bhusri is a Fellow of the American College of Cardiology.
Top Doctors are nominated by peer physicians and selected by the physician-led Castle Connolly research team.
Dr. Bhusri earned his medical degree at SUNY Downstate College of Medicine as an Alumni Scholar. He completed both a three-year internal medicine residency and a three-year fellowship in cardiovascular disease at Lenox Hill Hospital. He also completed an accelerated executive management program at Yale University.
About Castle Connolly
Castle Connolly publishes its Top Doctors list at castleconnolly.com and in a variety of print and online partner publications. Nominations are open to all board-certified MDs and DOs. The Castle Connolly team chooses honorees based on nominee criteria that includes their medical education, training, hospital appointments, and disciplinary histories.
Doctors do not and cannot pay to be selected as a Castle Connolly Top Doctor.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here