One of the largest national conferences highlighting innovation and high-impact family and community engagement strategies to improve outcomes for children cradle to career.
WASHINGTON, DC, May 12, 2021 /24-7PressRelease/ —
When: June 1-4, 2021 starting at 9 a.m. ET. Click here to view specific timing for events.
Where: It’s a virtual event.
Who: Over 50 organizations representing state leaders, teachers, principals and other educators, school district leaders, administrators, parent leaders, community-based organizations, policy makers, researchers, and funders. Confirmed plenary keynote speakers include:
• Zakiyah Ansari, Advocacy Director & New York City Director, Alliance for Quality Education
• Congressman Jamaal Bowman, New York’s 16th Congressional District
• Dr. Khalilah M. Harris, Managing Director, K-12 Education Policy, the Center for American Progress
• Dr. Karen Mapp, IEL Board Chair, Lecturer, Harvard Graduate School of Education
• Dr. Pedro Noguera, Dean of the Rossier School of Education; Distinguished Professor of Education at the University of Southern California
• Becky Pringle, President, National Education Association
• Ralph Smith, Managing Director, Campaign for Grade-Level Reading
• Francis Vigil, Tribal Education Specialist, National Indian Education Association (NIEA)
Why: The ramifications of multiple crises – public health, racial justice, and economic – have magnified and exacerbated challenges across the country. Schools and districts with good engagement practices and deep community partnerships were in a better position to respond, innovate and build on promising approaches. Engaging families and strong family-school-community partnerships are foundational as we implement strategies to accelerate learning and rebound from crisis conditions. This national conference highlights the best strategies for moving forward.
How: Learn more at https://bit.ly/3b9WheA
More: Since 1964, IEL has equipped leaders to work together across boundaries to build effective systems that prepare children, youth, and now adults for postsecondary education, careers, and citizenship.
For the original version of this press release, please visit 24-7PressRelease.com here